But August, when there are just four more sweet summer weekends left and it's a mad dash to cram it all in - it feels like such an ending. All month there's that nagging that thought that summer might slip away again before you've crossed all those to-dos off the list; places and people to visit, outfits to wear, experiences to be had.
One summer experience I'm not getting: Fabulous Resort Getaway. So to start August, lets pretend I am.
My sister's toes in "the real teal" by Sally Hansen
Light Sheer button down paired with these shorts would be perfect - I'd just swap the cammi for my swimsuit...
Shorts TJMaxx - Button Down Gap - Cammi Banana Republic - Sandals Naturalizer - Necklace Aldo - Earrings The Cavernous Jewelry Box
I've been given some question tags from
I'm supposed to create my own and tag eight others, but it will take me a million hours to think of 16 questions and decide who to pass them too, so I'm just going to answer!
1. Why did you start blogging?
I've always been awful at keeping a journal, but it's something I wish I did more of. The blog gives me a sense of obligation to write, and is a great creative outlet. Though I never thought it would grow this large and offer such a wonderful sense of community.
2. What's your favorite kind of ice cream?
Edy's Mud Pie. Half fat coffee ice cream with oreo cookies and fudge swirls. Don't bother with the Bryer's version, it's awful.
3. Favorite book? Why?
My favorite summer read is Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin -- I read it every year because it makes me laugh and makes me believe that I can someday have my romantic happy ending.
4. What do you like most about your day job?
That I get money to buy shoes with ;)
5. What's the most amazing place you've ever visited?
Italy was really incredible. I'd definitely love to go back.
6. Heels or flats?
Definitely heels. I need all the height I can get, and clothes just seem to look better in heels!
7. What do you always carry with you?
I always try to carry my confidence; it's important to keep close by.
8. What's one beauty product you can't live without?
Something to put on my lips, nothing is worse than when they look or feel dry.
1. What is you all time favorite store to shop in?
TJMaxx, because I love being able to afford everything. While there are far nicer shops that I enjoy visiting, with wonderful ambiance and luxurious items; if I can't actually buy anything, I wont ever have that good a time!
2. Use one sentence to sum up what your personal style is.
Bold and quirky trying to be classic and chic.
3. Do you shop online? if yes what is your favorite website?
Yes, I like Piperlime for shoes, free shipping and returns, plus your shoes always come in a cute lime covered box and wrapped in tissue. I love attention to little details.
4. You have been given some money to spend on your self. What are you going to use it for?
How much money? Beach Resort Getaway? Bigger closet? New shoes?
5. What is the first thing you do when you get home from a hard days work?
Remove shoes and accessories, have dinner, put shoes and accessories back on for outfit photo.
6. What is your favorite thing to do with your girl friends?
Get dressed up for a night out.
7. If your house was on fire and you could save something from your closet what would it be?
My favorite pencil skirt.
8. What is the most expensive thing in your closet?
I think it's actually a $120 tie between these leather boots and this coat.