When comfort wins
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
I used to hold shoe comfort standards quite high. No one wanted to go shoe shopping with me, as I would scrutinize the shoes - walking around the store, keeping them on for at least 10 minutes before deciding that this one was just a tad to narrow or pinched one toe. Because of this I had very few shoes, and even fewer cute shoes.
This purchase caused me to have a shoe revelation: I decided I would be willing to suffer, just a bit, to wear the shoes I wanted.
So my closet soon began to fill with cute shoes (presently exceeding 50 pairs), and the number of shoes that were actually super comfortable began to plummet.
These are my top five most comfortable, cute shoes:
1. Flat Slouchy Suede Boots Mine were from Kohl's, but these look very similar. They are soft, they are flat; add a terry cloth insole or some cozy socks and I can go for miles. These Zulu boots are $13 at Amazon (only tiny sizes though).
2. Naturalizer - Jangle Sandal Even though they aren't leather, they are quite comfortable. The foot bed is nice and padded and the straps don't dig in, $25 at Amazon.
3. MIA - Eclipse Flat As flats go, these are my favorite. The leather is soft and they have a decent amount of rubber on the sole, $17 - $43 at Amazon.
4. Converse Sneakers One of the few sneakers to ever grace the pages of Vogue, Converse sneakers are oddly fashionable. I love the array of colors and designs they come in, especially the design your own option! I really want to do that sometime. Typically they are $40, but I got both of my pairs at TJMaxx for $20. (The blue I've pictured are ones I designed, I actually own green and black.)
5. Onex - Puffy Sandal All of the sandals by Onex are amazingly comfortable. The price at Amazon is $74, but I have three pairs of Onex sandals and I got them all at an end of summer buy-one get-one sale. For the use I've gotten out of my gold ones, should I ever need to replace them, I would pay the $74.
Kenneth Cole Reaction U Cube Pumps and they aren't in stock in black.
ps. Still three days to enter my giveaway!