Challenges, self restraint and awards
Monday, March 15, 2010
Last night my Sister accused me of having an entire secret stash of clothing. While I never considered it to be secret, it is a huge shopping bag at the foot of my bed where the new stuff I've been buying has been collecting, waiting for some hangers to free up in the closet.
It is less than a month before my birthday, and fewer days until I am going on a trip to Italy; so I am instituting a shopping ban for the next 24 days. I have a few rather guilty reasons for doing this:
2. A free shipping coupon at Forever 21 which lead to tons of unnecessary purchases - which I will be sharing when they arrive.
3. A few impulse purchases, some shorts (yes, shorts!) from ebay, and a pair of EchoTouch iPhone gloves, now that it's March and I wont actually need them until next winter.
4. I should be saving some money spend in Italy, because everything there will be twice as much as it is here, but I know I'm going to want to buy things anyway!
5. You shouldn't buy yourself stuff before your birthday!
Not buying new things means making good use of what I already have. La fille d'or is currently doing a style challenge where she has chosen three items and is wearing each of them four different ways over the next 12 days. I really like this idea, though I think I'm going to change it a bit and use four items and space it out over my 24 days.
Remember how desperately I needed this black velvet blazer in November? Do you know how many times I've worn it since I got it? Once. Sad, right?
This brushstroke top was a Christmas gift that I hadn't worn because I was having layering issues - generally I stay away from high-necked items, but I really loved the colors and patterns of this top. And check out the back! I love it!
An impulse purchase from last summer, I've never worn this sequined top (until last Friday)!
This skirt was one of those wonderful TJMaxx clearance finds, it was $30 with an MSRP of $220 and I had to have it. I really love it, and subsequently have worn it once.
Now for the Award!
I've received the I ♥ Your Blog award from The Robins; Thanks so much!
1. post the logo on my blog.
2. pass it on to 15 other blogs.
Fifteen seems like a lot, so I'm passing it along to these nine:
Carrie Bradshaw Made Me Do It
The Drawing Mannequin
la fille d'or
wild bird vintage
A Wonderfelle World
Slaw and Order: SVU
p.s. Don't forget to enter my giveaway if you haven't yet!