My New Year's Resolution for 2009 was to limit my shoe purchasing to 12 pairs for the year. I had originally intended it to be one purchase each month, but I got off to a bad start. I did eventually discipline myself and pull through in the end.
Both my Mother and my best friend over indulged me on my birthday and Christmas, and combined gave me five more pairs of shoes! I did not include those as part of my 12, since I didn't purchase them.
1. Black suede fringe booties by Steve Madden $22
2. Flower print pumps by Not Rated $15
3. Cherry Pumps by Oh...Deer $42
4. Black pumps by Kenneth Cole Reaction $40
5. Cream and Gold t-strap pumps by Seychelles $50
6. Sled boots by Pajar $62
7. Blue flower sandals by Poetic Licence $75
8. Navy rain booties via ebay $13
9. Brown sandals by Nine West $35
10. Snake print sandals by Naturlizer $35
11. Yellow fringe sandals from Target $5
12. Congnac knot booties by Steve Madden $72
So I did it!!
Looking back on my shoe purchases...
The pairs I wore the most were the black booties and the brown sandals.
The Target sandals are still unworn in their box.
My biggest splurge is probably my biggest regret - the blue flower sandals are not very comfortable.
The cherry pumps got the most compliments, by far.
If I were to average the costs, I spent $38 per pair.
I haven't yet decided what my resolution will be this year, I'm still enjoying my feeling of accomplishment. Typically by February, new years resolutions go by the wayside, so I'm really happy I got through those other 11 months.
Did you fulfill your 2009 resolution? Do you have one for 2010?
I Hope everyone is having a happy New Year!!